Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What I've done so far...

Special thanks to my most fabulous friend for bringing us Sonic, helping me paint, and letting me use her camera.

Here's my cacti on the front porch:

The baby's kitchen fits perfectly in the nook outside the laundry room.


I painted my sun to match the kitchen wall. Then I hung it over the pantry.

Blue kitchen walls and island- new chandelier hung by my hubby.

My lovely couch, with one of the fabulous blankets my aunt gave me.

Bookcase and loveseat. Check out our awesome new ceiling fan! Still need to hang the painting...

Family pictures in the staircase- new light fixture here, too.

More family pictures at the top of the stairs.

Started painting the girls' bedroom, with the help of a friend. Ceiling fan salvaged from my aunt's attic.

That's it so far. Lots of unpacking and rearranging left- also a little more painting. The apartment is still a disaster. I hope to be done out there soon, but it's difficult to get anything done with the kids there, especially with the apartment being empty. At least the Winkler is feeling more and more like Home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The house is looking great!!!! Love the blue in the kitchen!!!
-B

Brandi@ Flights of Whimsy said...

Great job! It's hard to make a new place feel like home.