Thursday, July 16, 2009

Living Room Paint


Got to make this post quick- I'm supposed to be throwing some things in the truck and letting the dog out to pee. It's 2:35 am, I've not done much packing, and I am a good hour or so from the house- blah!

Last night, as I pulled into the driveway, my husband found a stray beagle/basset dog outside. We brought her in the yard. A few minutes later, we found a black lab puppy. Neither had tags and we assumed from their friendliness that they belonged together.


Later, the people who live behind us came home. The beaglish dog is theirs. The other is a stray. We let it eat Chinese food (our first meal in the Winkler) with us and gave it some water. This morning I came out to find it had a dug under the fence and gone on it's merry way. For those of you wondering, we won't be bringing our pets over until we get the furniture in- and we need to go buy a rabbit hutch. The bunny's just had free reign to the bathroom for the past 8 months and has outgrown her cage.


My little one, covered from head to toe in sweet and sour sauce. She likes to dip her lo mein- which she eats without utensils...


My daughters, keeping themselves entertained.


Painting the living room:

My husband's new fancy-pants tv. (It's not hooked up yet.)


Fridge story, short version: Saleslady forgot we were supposed to have one, gave us a promisory note that it would arrive the day after we closed. It was supposed to be a basic black refrigerator. It did not arrive. Was rescheduled to come the next morning- it did not. Called our builder and our saleslady. Extremely accomidating team pulled the super upgraded fridge from the just-built house next door and installed it my house this afternoon. Hooray!

empty, painted nook, waiting for it's fridge

Appliance guys had to remove our front door to get it in. It's enormous!

I went shopping grocery shopping after this.


Current verion of the front room:
egg-crate covered with throw blankets, empty card board boxes


Girls watching a movie in their room.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the pictures. the painting looks great!
-B