Monday, May 4, 2009

Day 1: And So It Begins

(click on images to view larger)

(the cows at the entrance to our neighborhood)

Today they broke ground on our house! My husband didn't know what that meant, so I guess I should explain.
That's when they come out and level your lot, dig trenches to lay plumbing, and start putting up frames for the foundation.

So of course I went out and took pictures. Unfortunately we arrived as the sun was going down.It seemed so small!

Here's a bull-dozer. They are also building the two houses next to ours. While I was snapping pictures, Charlie arrived on his little Rascal Scooter. He's a talkative fellow. He lives a few houses down and inspects any suspicious behavior. He doesn't like the port-a-potty sitting on the curb and wishes they would move it behind the houses instead. I don't blame him.

Here's the house across the street from us:

And we drove around the neighborhood and found another house with what we think is our floorplan and elevation, except our stones will be coffee colored:

They say it'll only take 60 Days! So here we go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool pictures! I love the one of the cows. -Becky