Sunday, May 17, 2009

Elevation Nation

(Click on the images for a better view.)

Today, while I was out there snapping pictures of the foundation, I drove around and found other homes with our same floorplan. Here it is again, in case you've forgotten:

We chose Elevation B. The front roofing area on A is not triangular, it cuts off the pointy top and has a separate point that juts up behind it. With C, the space between the two front windows is just a section of wood. So we went with B- pointy roofs and lots of stone.

To help me envision what our home will look like, I snapped these pictures, then I loaded them onto the computer and flipped them so they're all facing the way our house will, with the porch being on the right.

I didn't take any pictures of Elevation A. We just don't like that front flat roof thing.

Elevation C:

(This picture made me realize I don't want a tree planted right in front of my house.)


Elevation B:(I don't like the colors or the landscaping on this one, but it's the right elevation. )


This next house is not a Winkler, but it's the only other house I saw with stones the same color we chose, "coffee."

This house is also not a Winkler, but my daughter loves sunflowers and I think she'd like some in our yard.

Some of the homes (like the lovely yellow one above) have artwork hung on the exterior. We'd like to do that. Some houses also have decorative items hung on the short strip of fence that runs from one front porch to the next. I saw one today that had flower pot holders attached. It looked really nice.

I'm so excited! (As if you couldn't tell...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading all about your plans makes me smile. I am so happy for you guys!
-Becky